VACETS MEMBERSHIP FORM
Who is VACETS?
- The Vietnamese Association for Computing,
Engineering Technology and Science or VACETS
is an international professional non-political, technical association
established to provide a forum for members to exchange technical ideas
and information in support of work and education, and discuss the applications
of information technologies around the world. VACETS provides
the media for members to enhance their knowledge, expertise and competitiveness
in a period of rapid change in the computer and engineering industries
and in the sciences. VACETS also provides a means for members
to promote professional networking. (See FAQs
for more information)
- VACETS may have, but is not limited to, the following
- Organization of technical conferences and seminars;
- Publication of electronic newsletters;
- Publication of VACETS technical magazines and journals;
- Maintaining an online technical library;
- Posting of job openings and helping members with career development;
- Reviewing and editing, technical articles and books written
by members, if requested;
- Discussion of any technical issues submitted by a member;
- Promoting networking and business partnership.
- Currently, VACETS has many members in several countries
such as USA, Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, Japan, Taiwan,
and Thailand. About 95% of VACETS members are professional
engineers and scientists; many of whom hold advanced degrees. The others
are student members in their senior year at universities and colleges.
VACETS requests each member to submit
a Membership Form. Currently,
VACETS has received over 600 membership forms. VACETS
membership forms are used to allow AdCom
(Board & Staff) to:
- know the background of members. This allows AdCom to start
relevant technical activities as well as invite some members to work
with the team or lead specific technical projects.
- provide names, companies, and addresses of members to
all members to promote friendship and networking.
- access the technical VACETS library (using
library account). This library consists of various technical information
that may support work and education for members.
- invite members to write technical articles technical magazines and journals. AdCom published
technical magazines and journals. Based on the membership forms information,
AdCom can invite some members to write, review, and edit future technical
A new member, who submitted his/her membership form will be given a member
ID. If a member does not submit the membership form, he/she will have
restricted activities and benefits, such as voting annual Board of
Directors, having discounted conference fees, receiving magazines and
journals, and using the VACETSlibrary.
- contact members by phone or mail, in case their e-mail
addresses have a technical problem.
- use for conference and seminar activities. Through membership
forms, AdCom can select a conference site that is convenient to a large
group of members.
- The VACETS library provides various technical articles
related to computer, engineering, and science. Most of these articles
were written by members. Also, this library consists of various information
related to VACETS' activities, including all e-mails posted
for the past 4 weeks, VACETS information,electronis newsletters,
and others. Any member who submitted the membership form can access
to this on-line library.
VACETS Forums Information
- VACETS Forums:
- Main VACETS forum ( email@example.com) - This closed forum
is used for posting official announcement, and summary of various VACETS
- General forum ( firstname.lastname@example.org) - This open
forum is used for social discussion.
- Local VACETS Chapter Forums:
The following open forums are used for VACETS members in the specific
areas to discuss local activities. Everybody, however, is welcome to
subscribe to the forums.
- The VACETS information., By-Laws, and Board
members' biographies and VACETS projects and activities can be found
at the Web site: http://www.vacets.org
VACETS has number of projects. Some of these are:
VACETS Administrative Committee (AdCom)
VACETS is managed by an Administrative
Committee (AdCom). AdComm includes a Board of Directors and the
cabinet. The Board of Directors is selected by members through an annual
election. The President's cabinet include advisors board and a number of
committees' heads and staff. AdCom established to serve members, welcome
to receive any comment or suggesstion to improve VACETS. Please send your
comments and sugesstions to email@example.com.
Local VACETS chapters
VACETS has many local VACETS chapters.
Some sites of local VACETS chapters are listed below:
US, California Bay Area (firstname.lastname@example.org):
San Jose, San Franscisco, and surrounding areas.
US, South California (email@example.com):
Los Angles, Orange County, San Diego, and surrounding areas.
US, Washington DC (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, and surrounding areas.
Please visit http://www.vacets.org/vacets-local.html
for further information.
Administrative VACETS Information
VACETS Membership Form
To become a registered VACETS member, please fill
out the membership form below and send it to email@example.com.
1...... Full Name (First Middle,
2. Gender (Male/Female):
3. Home Address (Optional):
4. Employer/School Name:
Address (including country):
5. (Your) Work/Academic Title:
6. Number of Years of Work Experience (or school level if student):
7. Telephone Number(s):
8. E-Mail Address(es):
9. Educational Background:
Field/Major (e.g. EE, ME, AE, CS, Math, etc.):
Degree(s) (BS, MS/MBA, Ph.D.):
10. Current field(s) of expertise:
(e.g. ISDN, Water Eng,, Nuclear fusion, HTML, Windows,
ASIC Design, etc..):
11. What are your major areas of interests? (e.g., computer programming,
simulation/modeling, electronics design, communications, telecommunications,
mechanical design, mathematics, physics, biochemistry, etc.):
12. Hobbies (e.g., writing technical papers, sport, music,
travel, and community activities, etc.):
13. (Today) Date:
For Office Use Only
Member ID Number:
Main VACETS Web Page
For comments, questions and other requests,
please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org